Guided Canoe Tours
Guided by our friendly staff, this is a great opportunity to explore, by water, the scenic and historical stretch of the Basingstoke Canal including sights like a WW2 Pill box, amazing wildlife and the trip includes some light refreshments at a picturesque picnic spot.
The trip begins from Runways End Outdoor Centre with a brief introduction from your guide.
We will share some canoeing top tips before we set off. We'll be paddling the stretch of water running under Claycart Bridge, like its sister, Eelmoor Bridge further upstream, it is an Army-owned bridge designed by Captain Hopkins during the First World War and has featured in lots of films including ‘Bridge of Spy’.
With plenty of wildlife along the way the trip is gentle and easy going, but physical enough to work up a good appetite for some light refreshments (tea and cake).
We strongly recommend arriving wearing suitable clothing and footwear appropriate for the conditions as on-site facilities are limited.
Who is it for?
This is activity is suitable for children aged 6 upwards and all under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult in the group.
This is the perfect all inclusive activity that everyone can enjoy.
What to expect from us?
A 2-hour tour led by one of our friendly, knowledgeable instructors
Light refreshments at the half way point.
All essential equipment is provided: Canoe, Buoyancy Aid and paddle.
We are excited to see you at Runways End, we have implemented the following measures to ensure your safety and enjoyment:
• Our operation is based outside, where the risk of transmission is significantly reduced.
• Social distancing measures will always be in effect and we will provide hand sanitising stations at key areas.
Guided Canoe Tours
- A peaceful, picturesque paddling tour with light refreshments
- 2 hours on the water led by one of our friendly, knowledgeable guides
- 2 or 3 person canoes or 2 persons sit on top kayaks suit for ages 6 upwards
Minimum age of 6.
To redeem a voucher click here