Powerboating- fun, fast, and exhilarating
Professional tuition is increasingly seen as vital to safe powerboating and is essential if you are taking your boat abroad. In many countries the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) is a requirement. Calshot has a range of fast planing craft available for all levels of the RYA scheme. For corporate clients we are able to tailor courses and dates to individual requirements.
Family and Young People courses
Our courses are open to youngsters of 14 upwards with a participating adult or 16 and 17 year olds on their own (non-residential only). Don’t forget we also run powerboating courses for young people.
Please click here to read our Privacy Notice.
Powerboating - RYA Level 2 National Powerboat Certificate (Planing)
- A non residential course providing a thorough introduction to boat handling skills
- Launching and recovery, high and low speed handling skills and essential theory
- Non residential. RYA handbook included
Powerboating - RYA Level Two Powerboat 12-16 year olds
- This course is the same as the adult course and aims to promote safe and responsible powerboat driving to young people
- Ideal for those with access to a powerboat or those working towards RYA Instructor Awards
- The RYA would not recommend under 16s being left in charge of a powerboat without adult supervision
Powerboating - RYA Safety Boat Course
- A non-residential course, teaching techniques to provide safety cover for a range of craft, particularly sailing and windsurfing
- Other topics will include towing, communication and rescuing other water users
- Candidates must hold a Powerboat Level Two Certificate
Courses for Families and Young People
Many of our courses (unless indicated otherwise) are open to youngsters of 14 upwards for watersports or 12 upwards for landbased activities, provided they are accompanied (for sailing adult must be participating) by an adult, whilst 16 and 17 year olds are welcome on their own (non-residential only). We also run a full programme of dedicated courses for under 16s.
Why not fast track your personal performance with private tuition?
Price per person
1.5 hrs £87
3 hrs £165
6 hrs £278 (includes lunch)
Additional person(s) 50% extra. For 3 or more enquire about our group rates.
See booking conditions for using your own equipment.