Watersports Instructor Courses
We run a wide range of Watersport Instructor Courses for Sailing, Windsurfing and Powerboating. All courses are provided by fully qualified RYA Instructors.
Please click here to read our Privacy Notice.
Sailing - Dinghy Instructors Pre-entry Assessment
- Prior to attending a Dinghy Instructors course all candidates must pass this pre entry sailing assessment.
- Non residential. Lunch provided.
Sailing - RYA Dinghy Instructor
- An intensive five day course run by RYA Coaches
- Covering all aspects of the RYA syllabus including assessment by an RYA Coach/Assessor
- Candidates should ensure they meet all the pre-entry requirements in the RYA Dinghy Coaching Handbook and Log Book G14
Prior to the course candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
•Minimum age 16;
•Valid first aid certificate - click here for a list of acceptable first aid certificates.
•RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate;
•RYA Safe & Fun safeguarding certificate and pre-course work completed (accessed within the Safe & Fun course, this is an online course)
•Pre-entry sailing assessment completed within 1 year prior to the instructor training course.
*Please note that if you wish to attend a coastal instructor training course, both the pre-entry assessment and Powerboat Level 2 should be completed at a coastal location.
NOTE: Membership of the RYA (or the National Governing Body for your boating activity in your country of residence) is required in order for you to qualify or revalidate as an RYA instructor
Sailing - RYA Senior Instructor
- An intensive four day training and assessment course for experienced RYA Instructors
- Aimed at those wanting to become fleet/sailing managers
- Candidates must have the required experience and prerequisites as in the RYA Dinghy Coaching Handbook/Logbook G14
- A pre course workbook must be completed, so early booking is recommended
***NO DATES PLANNED AS YET - PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE***
Powerboating - RYA Powerboat Instructor
- An intensive course that covers the teaching of Levels One and Two of the RYA Scheme
- Candidates must have done the skills assessment and gained experience as outlined in the RYA Powerboat Instructors Handbook G19
- Non-residential includes lunches
Powerboating - RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment
- Prior to attending a Powerboat Instructors course all candidates must pass the skills assessment
- You should already hold a Level Two Powerboat certificate
Why not fast track your personal performance with private tuition?
Price per person
1.5 hrs £87
3 hrs £165
6 hrs £278 (includes lunch)
Additional person(s) 50% extra. For 3 or more enquire about our group rates.
See booking conditions for using your own equipment.
Why not make your course residential?
B&B and an evening meal - just £32 (single room £42) per person per night, when part of a multi-day course booking. (AGE 18+ ONLY)