Lowland, Hill & Moorland Leader Expedition Module - Combined Training & Assessment
- An optional module available to lead groups on multi day expeditions for existing Lowland Leader, Walking Group Leaders or Hill and Moorland Award Holders.
- Based at Tile Barn Outdoor Centre in the New Forest, Hampshire
- Self catering camping
*** NO DATES PLANNED AS YET - PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE***
Min age: 17
Duration: 2 days
This course is based at Tile Barn Outdoor Centre at Brockenhurst in the heart of the New Forest.
Please read http://www.mountain-training.org/walking/skills-and-awards/expedition-skills-module for the full syllabus requirements
The prerequisites for the Expedition Skills Module are as follows:
- You must check that you are registered for the module on the Candidate Management System (CMS)
- You must have passed a walking leader assessment (Lowland, Hill and Moorland or Mountain)
- You must have logged an absolute minimum of 10 overnight camps; ideally in a variety of contexts
- You must have assisted with at least two group camps (these can be included in your 10 personal camps)
- You must have a valid 16 hour first aid certificate, relevant to your work as a walking leader