Lowland Leader Award Assessment
- For leaders of walking groups in summer conditions in lowland countryside or woodland
- Based at Tile Barn Outdoor Centre in the New Forest, Hampshire
- Self catering accommodation may be available
Min age: 17
Duration: 2 Days
This course is based at Tile Barn Outdoor Centre at Brockenhurst in the heart of the New Forest.
This is a non residential course, however overnight camping may be available on site. For technical enquiries or accommodation options, please email the Tile Barn email@example.com No Lunch provided, please bring your own packed lunch.
Please read http://www.mountain-training.org/walking/skills-and-awards/lowland-leader for the full syllabus requirements
Before you book onto a Lowland Leader assessment, make sure you have done the following:
- You must have attended a Lowland Leader training course (or have been granted exemption)
- You must be familiar with the syllabus
- You must have logged a minimum of 20 walks in lowland countryside in different types of terrain (woodland, coastal, farmland etc.)
- You must hold a current first aid certificate, minimum 16 hours and relevant to your work as a Lowland Leader